Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Series Of Holidays to Heal My Broken Soul

After losing my hubby to stroke last year, I was so numb and I needed getaways to relax my mind. After a series of motivational holidays with close friends in Singapore and Medan, Indonesia, I slowly picked up the pieces of my life again and managed to bring myself almost back to normal again.

In Nov 2012, I went to Singapore for a short weekend getaway. My good mIRC friends took me around Singapore and we visited Gardens By The Bay, Junes @ ECP and Sidewalk Tavern at Siglap.

Here are some photos of my trip

At Marina Gardens By The Bay. Standing - MsJong, Seated L-R: llewellyn, mopey, bunny, mehmeh
At Cloud Dome with a manmade waterfall behind me. It's really nice as it's air-conditioned



Love this photo with Mehmeh...we are at the Flower Dome..also air-conditioned!

At the garden patch in Flower Dome...can you spot the cute bunny behind Mopey and I?

With honeybbea and Mehmeh at Junes in ECP


Here at Siglap for desserts. L-R : Carole, Mehmeh, Kiff, Bunny and Honeybbea
It was great finally meeting with all of them face to face after being chat buddies for 8 to 10 years.

I enjoyed myself so much that I decided to visit them the following month. I was really grateful towards Carole for offering me a place to stay in her house





At Coca's with Honeybbea






 
After 18 years, I meet with my ex secondary schoolmate, Lynn Teh. She looks as if she has not aged a single day since school days. Still as petite and firm as back in schooldays but she has a cute daughter in primary school already!



January was an unplanned trip to Singapore as I wanted to see Honeybbea before she flies to USA for her brain tumor medical treatment. We (Mehmeh, Carole and I)  arranged a 2 table CNY dinner and also planned a surprise for Hbb with Le`Yiau specially flying in from Medan.

We had a very early CNY reunion dinner with the gals coming dressed in something oriental. Here are our happy photos...
















We really enjoyed ourselves during dinner. Hbb flew to USA and her doctors there confirmed that she didn't need any surgery which was a great relief to all of us.

That wraps up my trips to Singapore. My next trip will be in April.

I will post my Medan Trip separately due to the heavy photos uploading as I was there for 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment